Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

I'm Not Being Race-ist or Anything, but This is Cool

                Well technology just becomes cooler and more interactive each day, does it not? Looking at the past couple years of video game console developments, first you have the Nintendo Wii, which uses controllers to put the people into the game, which was topped by the Xbox Kinect, which then followed up with the new Xbox One, where I am sure many of you trampled each other to obtain, which has a new voice activation system and lets you control what it does, well mostly anyway. Now, this new company came out with AnkiDrive, whose details can be found here, but in short, it is like racing games, only live and real. Although it is really cool and brings the racing applications on iPhones to life, the price is kind of high and is only a really glorified version of remote controlled cars.
                I do not know how long they worked on it, but I really like how they turned it into a collectible game, because these cars would be able to be upgraded in-game, and so, from a child’s point of view, could effectively show off their hundred dollar toy, which honestly is a fantastic marketing idea. Since this would be played on an iPhone or iPod, it would also encourage the use of Apple devices. Of course, if this game were to even slightly resemble any kind of app store games, it would have to have in app purchases to upgrade them even more. Speaking from personal experiences with children obsessed with a game and want to level up because they are not patient enough to play the game and wait for it, it is a great marketing idea, because let me tell you, they are extremely annoying, and well, usually get their way.
                I guess this does define the capitalist country though. I do not think that any of you readers will be able to tell me without completely lying to yourself or to me, that money does not make the world go around, or if you have more money, you can get further in life. Do not get me wrong on this, I do not epitomize money as the basis of my entire life, or think that this is a good way to teach children how society functions. I also never/ said I was the best teacher of morals either. Either way, this is a really cool piece of technology, and as always, up to you whether or not to get it and teach your child morals if you plan on having one anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment