Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Lazy and Hipster People Central

                Whoever thought that using modern technology to go back in time is probably not the brightest crayon in the crayon box. I am not exactly targeting all the hipsters out there, but I just find it pointless. This printer is cool and all, but it is multiple light years behind current technology (which any pokemon player should know, is actually a measure of distance rather than time) and thus fairly worthless in modern day technology, although it is cool and, if build from scratch, gives a feeling of accomplishment. In fact, my robotics team is actually trying to produce a 3D printer, which is possibly what this thing printed, and so since it is a type of “open source” where everyone can view the design and change it, anyone can build it.

                The basis behind a 3D printer is that one would program in a blueprint with all the necessary information and then it would be able to “print”, but more like make, the blue print in full materials. I really like the idea, but once I looked deeper, it does only save the manual labor, which actually provides quite a bit of jobs but that is for another economic blog, because the printer still needs to be supplied with the materials made. So, if you would like to take  my recommendation, I would totally recommend making or at least building a 3D printer if there is a schedule deadline and for all the lazy bums out there, although it does take quite a bit of work to make it in the first place, but businesses and other areas could too, but us poor high school students would like random jobs, so it would be nice to save a couple of them for us. A lot of instructions and building materials are online somewhere and they do not cost money, except for the materials of course.


                To achieve the highest degree of laziness, I would say that you would start with the absolute crappiest printer that you can find and shoddily throw it together. Then, when you present it to your friends, they will laugh and you will feel bad for a while. Don’t stop reading just yet. So, when you hit the lowest of the low, you then find the directions for building the best, most awesome, printer, and so while all of your friends, if you have any, are working hard and laboring over their new printer, you can sit back and relax as you put in the directions to your printer and it comes out perfectly. This is a method that even the laziest person I know, Sean, will approve of.

1 comment:

  1. I contributed right? I found the instructions, right? Yes? I did what I did. And instead of sitting back and relax, I'd go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete