Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Could You Survive?

                So, this guy from Popular Science made a homemade crossbow because he was simulating a post-apocalyptic world where ammunition from guns would be scarce and hard to retrieve. A crossbow or a composite bow would be perfect because it packs a pretty high punch because it did put a hole through modern day “armor” or at least a car door. The ammo would be easily recoverable and crafted if we had either trees or just from scrap metal. Sure, the fire rate would not be optimal, but it would be enough to, sorry for the video game term, kite the zombies and continuously take them down one by one. After killing a multitude of them, if they had any brains, they would move on and realize that it would not be worth the time and energy chasing after you, kind of like a wolf.
                Now, I know the next thing you guys are probably thinking of is how cool you would be portrayed, and since bowmen hide in the back, they would be cowards. Now, in order to up the cool factor compared to swordsmen, think about The Hunger Games, was Finnick the main character? No, he was not. Katniss was the main character, who had the bow as her main weapon in an era of modern or even futuristic technology. Some more tips can be modeled after the best rapper of all time, 2chainz. He wears not one, but two chains. This doubles his overall cool factor and in general scare factor. It would be difficult to dual wield a bow, but take a hint from the night hunter class in Diablo III, it looks cool and wreaks a ton of damage.

                To be honest, I really do not think that this has even the slightest likelihood of happening, but when it does, I’ll either go down blazing, full guns and glory, but more likely I will be cowering in a corner wishing that it was a dream. Normally I feel like I am cooler and collected than most, but when pressured, I make impulsive decisions that I regret 90% of the time. I mean, peer pressure works a lot of the time, and am I right? The best I would hope for is a group of friends that I could travel with, because having people around makes things less scary and overall just boosts morale.

No comments:

Post a Comment