Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pretty X-Static About This

                Sometimes in a deeply intense debate about overpopulation on Earth, many people often forget or lower the value of a human life. Not only on the topic overpopulation do people forget, but it happens often when people talk about war. This can only be attributed to the standard expectations of people. What I mean by that is that the common people only expect that soldiers will die for a country and do not really give it a second thought. The other case is that I hang out with extremely insensitive people, but let us just assume that I do not. This article displays a new invention that helps wounded soldiers, who may have died previously without it, from blood loss by quickly inserting a microscopic sponge that expands and absorbs the blood while also sterilizing it.
                This is a great invention and it already has approval to be used out in the field. Although after a great invention that makes a person a lot of money, the person would be tempted to stop unless they had completely good intentions when making it, I know I would be heavily tempted to stop, but I think that this should not be the end of a possible long procession of improvements in medics on the battlefield. Just thinking about it a little bit just shows that this is not a permanent solution, rather a temporary one. By no means am I saying that this is a terrible invention but that it could be improved. Of course, having invented nothing yet, I have no room to judge as if I were on their level, but just throwing my thoughts out there. This only lasts for four hours so it is really only a temporary solution, but it really is better than nothing.

                This not only makes saving the soldiers’ lives easier but it also makes the medics’ lives easier, according to a previous article, it replaces as many as four to five rolls in a medic’s pack which would make the pack a lot lighter or could carry a lot more supplies with the same amount of weight carried. If I were a doctor though, I feel like it would be difficult to remove the sponge after it clogs up the artery because it is supposed to take all the empty space in an artery, but I do suppose the worst thing that could happen is to cut off the artery and replace it with a pig valve like they do to heart attack victims. I mean, it is a much better alternative to dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment