Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Angry Birds? Your Parents When They Realize You Did This for the Last Hour


            I stand outside with a cold strong breeze blowing in my face, my hair, being blown in all different directions by the wind, a windblown hair styling people would say. I look down at the small little thing in my hand and wonder if it really deserves another chance, but no, I have made up my mind, and if I back down now, it may be too late for the future. Grasping this thing in my hand very tightly, knowing it will be the last time I ever see it, I fling it into the air, whispering, “Be free,” That’s it, it is gone now. My last hope for humanity.

            As many of you iPod and Android users know, Rovio has released another sequel in their long chain of games. This new Angry Birds is based off of Star Wars, and no, not the first angry birds Star Wars, that came out a while ago, but Star Wars II. This, as you all can imagine, has taken a great deal of creativity to come up with, the theme especially. Ever since the company’s first game in 2009, it has found more and more ways to have people spend more and more money in the game. I mean, I am really not just speaking about Angry Birds, but a majority of games on the market. Many of them want to make money, and for good reason too, but it always contains in-app purchases and other hidden features that people need to pay for, and it becomes kind of worrisome on the future generation.

            I know it may seem ludicrous to some of the readers, but being bored, or not getting what you want for Christmas, is not some of the world’s more pressing issues. Many kids have been raised in a world filled with electronics and are extremely attached to them. Speaking from some personal experience of having a younger sibling, they do believe they can do whatever they want because well, “It’s ‘Murica, right?” without trying too hard. Mine is obsessive over the handheld electronics. I mean, I’m not exactly Mister Innocent myself, but I make an effort to consider the effects of what may happen if I get sucked into a game.

            This then, brings me back to Angry Birds, it is extremely time consuming, and even though the levels do not take too long to get through, it always tempts you to play another one, or use real money to buy power ups and upgrades. It drains time and resources, and leaves a person with a feeling of incompletion, because, “there are some more levels to go!” or “Oh no! I got two stars instead of three, better try it again,” Still, one would think people would become bored of these games after like the millionth sequel, or learn what a giant waste of time it is, but I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment