Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Ancient Aliens and Jokes

                So today was the first time in forever that I have watched the history channel, and even though there are a lot of memes online referencing the Ancient Aliens dude about how he thinks that aliens have done everything in history that we humans have ever done or accomplished is done by aliens, he does have a couple good points, though I do not necessarily agree with him on all points. Something people need to realize too though is the fact that the show is called Ancient Aliens, so of course he is going to try to relate everything he can to aliens, anything for the views, am I right? I am especially looking at you MTV, which hardly even have music videos anymore.
                One of the reasons that I think some of the points they have can be true is because there are a lot of things in history that cannot be explained, or at least are kind of far-fetched or difficult to explain. One of the points was that the method of writing at first was used to record history or events that were currently happening or had happened. This would mean that the early writings should mostly be true, and that their “legendary weapons” recorded should be true then. A main reason why people I think do not believe this is because they do not want to admit that the past civilizations, to which we often refer to as brutes, were more advanced than us due to an outside influence. If these people are anything like me or most teenagers today, they would not like to be compared to their parents then be told that their parents had done exactly what they were doing in school, just many ages ago. Currently, many humans think of themselves as the pinnacle of evolution and they are literally god’s greatest gift to humanity. Literally just go to a social networking site or an online chat room, you will nearly immediately see someone who is toxic because he thinks he is the best.

                This is also another reason why I hate people who tell exactly the same joke that they heard from someone else but then try to pass it off as their own, particularly the internet. Being the stereotypical Asian that I am, I browse through the internet a lot and I see many people at my school who try to take a funny anecdote from the internet and try to pass it off as something that happened to them. I occasionally do this, but I always start off the story with, “Have you seen the one post online that said…?” and take it from there, I give them a bit of credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment