Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Chemistry? More like Chem-Mystery

                Although my school cares a lot about us students taking a multitude of Advanced Placement classes, sometimes the teachers make them extremely difficult to handle or even increases how much we worry. Currently, the AP tests are over which should mean that the class is close to over or the rest of the year should not affect the grade too terribly, but some teachers I suppose do not understand that the end of the year is where most students give up anyway, even us super prestigious Advanced Placement students. Sometimes, I think that we should also be more lax during the week that students do have their exams, even if the students have missed, and I understand that they will have to make it up, but they should be allowed a couple of extension days and not just taken points off for being late.

                In my AP Chemistry class, we had to finish a lab report for a lab that we could only do in class. The problem with this though is that we cannot complete the lab report until we finish the lab and we get all the data correct. By getting the data correct, I mean that we were given unknown solutions filled with unknown cations and anions that we were supposed to determine what they were using somewhat sketchy procedures. The problem I have with this though is the fact that the lab report is theoretically due tonight at midnight except for I did not guess my cations and anions correctly and so I am unable to complete the lab report. This then forces me to turn in my lab report late and so have points deducted from my total. Now, I know you guys may say that it was my fault for procrastinating or wasting my time in class when we were experimenting, but that would not be true. In reality, I had to attend three different AP exams and so I was forced to miss a couple class periods, and unlike some blonde genius I know of, I am not as smart nor am I as fast at completing lab procedures as she does. These AP exams have actually hurt my grade even though they are supposed to be a completely separate thing from school work. The biggest problem with this though, is that I am dealing with an AP teacher and she should realize that her class is not the only class a student is taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment